To increase the scale of text, apps and other items in Windows 10, navigate to the Display Settings this can be done different ways.
1. Right click on the Desktop and navigate to Display Settings.
2. You can also navigate to the Display Settings by pressing the windows key and searching for "settings", open the settings app and select System.
Once you have opened the Display Settings menu you will be able to change the scale setting.
Linux Version One
If you see this desktop when you log into Linux you can follow these steps to increase the Display Scale.
1. Navigate to Applications in the top left and select System Tools -> Settings.
2. When you are in the Settings menu navigate to and select Devices.
3. In the Devices menu you will find the Displays section, inside the Displays sections you will be able to change the display Scale setting from 100% to 200%.
Linux Version Two
If you see this desktop when you log into Linux you can follow these steps to increase the Font Size.
1. Navigate to System in the top left, select Preferences -> Look and Feel -> Appearance.
2. In the Appearance menu navigate to Fonts -> Details, in the Font Rendering Details menu you can change the Dots Per Inch setting, this will increase the size of the font only.
Some applications for example Houdini will not be affected by the increased font size, however Houdini has built in settings to increase the font size.